Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

4.07.2014

cherry BLOSSOM time

Initially I was pretty bummed about missing bluebonnet season in Texas. I love getting pictures of the kids in the flowers and was sad that I would have a gap year. But Japan made up for itself with their cherry blossoms. The flowers don't stick around for much more than a week and part of that time it was raining so we had to make an extra effort to get out and enjoy them. All of Japan basically goes crazy for the "sakura" and groups of friends and families have picnics under the trees. There are even special drinks and food items available for sale during sakura season.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I will say that taking pictures of kids and bluebonnets is much easier than kids and cherry blossoms. The height difference poses a challenge, as well as the crowds that are omnipresent. At first I thought the shoot was a fail but the images are growing on me.

Since the last pictures I took in the bluebonnets, Blue is so much more self-aware. His facial expressions seem less natural as he is more aware of my camera and "posing" for it. He likes to do his "sweet smile" and silly faces now. Wiley on the other hand wants very little to do with the camera. Nine times out of ten you aim the lens at her and her face loses all expression. It either goes slack or defiant. If you want a posed shot of her smiling you basically have to tickle her. Or say "what color is ______?" and if the answer is pink you may get a smile there too.

1 comment: