Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

11.08.2013

happy SIXTEEN months

I used to do these every month for Blue, I think until he was two. I haven't been so regular with Wiley. Sorry, girl. But she hasn't stopped learning and growing so I am picking it back up here.

I guess it was about a month ago when she really perfected the use of "no". For a long time it was mostly just really cute. You would ask her if she wanted a bite of broccoli and she would say no like you had just asked the most silly and ridiculous thing. Very cute and good-natured. I would ask her questions just hoping to get a cute little no in response. But now that she can communicate a little more she gets pretty frustrated when you don't or won't give her what she wants. The no has become a little more of a whine. I'll try and post a video later. It is actually really easy to capture because she has not been enjoying having her picture/video taken recently. I get a no every time.


Yes and No from Micaelan Davis on Vimeo.

Other words she can say. Some of these are quite old developments at this point but nice to have a comprehensive-ish list:
- help, please
- thank you
- socks
- feet
- shoes
- nose
- eyes
- mouth
- baby
- yummy
- bite
- light
- Blue
- mommy
- dada
- milk
- water
- cracker
- meat
- Wiley
- ball
- book
- Pops
- up
- stick
- jump
- nap (pacifier)
- bap ("that"- i think. she often uses it in reference to her puffy pink vest that she likes to wear all the time)
- bye

She is still fitting into most of her 12 month clothes. She has a delicateness to her but she is not skinny. Average weight I would guess. She is not a voracious eater. Still greatly depends on her milk for calories. But she refuses to drink it out of a sippy cup. Blue did the same thing.

She is independent with a defiant streak. She has thrown more tantrums in her 16 months than Blue ever has. In fact, she probably throws more tantrums in a day than Blue ever has. That is just not his style. She loves to sit on your lap and read books for as long as you can last. She loves to watch and copy and do things by herself.

She has started to fight back when Blue picks on her and will pull his hair or grab his toy and chuck it across the room. It has backed him off a little. Graham and I were laughing last night that he is really going to wish someday that he hadn't picked on her quite so much. He isn't going to know what hit him when she finally devises her plan of attack.

Saying goodbye is Wiley's favorite part of the conversation. Not that she is anxious for it to end. But I think she could sit there and blow kisses and wave goodbye for a good few minutes. So bye. And mmmwah.

Update:
I forgot to talk about her teeth! She has the top two and bottom two. About a month or more ago her top left molar came in. The top right one is now peeking through. Next came the bottom one to the right of the two on center. It looks like the two on top are about to come through as well. Weird, huh! All over the place. She had that first molar almost all the way worked through before I noticed. I was just not expecting a molar before the ones in front. It does help with chewing. She never fusses about them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment