I found this poster on the street. I think it is a notice about an upcoming festival. Well, used to upcoming. It is over now. I wish I could find more cool little posters but the Japanese seem to do a really good job of removing everything after the event.
And I brought this print from home as a gift for Graham. It is an ink print of a bass fish by a Japanese artist. A little reminder for Graham of his fly fishing days.
But I wanted a really big piece for the entryway. So I decided to do my own piece with some washi tape. The scene is a pretty typical view in our neighborhood at least. This little street is right next to our grocery store.
It was a fun project and easy to do in short little bursts since the washi tape was mess-free. I have plans to do some more and see if I can sell them. Even still, it is nice to have a little creative project and I have plenty of empty walls to fill.


I am in total awe of your washi tape piece. When you get back you have to teach me - we should do our street! Perhaps I need to come see it in person before...
ReplyDelete