Blue had his first trip to the dentist this week and it went much easier than I expected. We watched some YouTube videos and talked a bit about what the dentist would be like the night before. And then we brought T Rex who went first. It was super-easy. And the dentist talked to Blue for a bit about getting rid of his pacifier. He had some story about Blue giving his pacifier to the little babies and Blue just kind of blank stared him. I don't think he was buying it. But when we got home I told him that tomorrow we would put our pacifier in the drawer with the other extra pacifiers and we would be all done with the pacifier. Then I reminded him that the dentist had told us "no pacifiers" and that they were starting to hurt our teeth. We talked about how it might be hard but that I knew he could do it! And the next night he did. He might have fussed for a few minutes and then he was out. Nap the next day was a different story. He asked for it and was sad. I repeated everything we had gone over before and he was okay with it. But he didn't nap and this is what his room looked like afterwards:
Graham found him perched up on his empty bookshelf! I prepared myself for the end up naps but he took a long one today so I think he just has to get used to a new way of settling down. I took this video right before today's nap:
I'm Not Sad from Micaelan Davis on Vimeo.
Classic Blue there. Anyway, we waited too long to get rid of the pacifier but I will say it was much easier than I expected!

No comments:
Post a Comment