
1.18.2011
breaking the SWADDLE
Since day one of Blue's life he has slept bound up in a tight swaddle. Unless of course he gets lucky and gets to cuddle into someone's chest instead. But the days of the swaddle can't go on forever and I think it might be time to at least start thinking about weaning him off. Sometimes he will fall asleep in my arms and I will transfer him to his crib, swaddle free, and he stays asleep. But he hasn't been able to fall asleep on his own without the wrap. I think part of it just might be the mental signal the swaddle sends his brain.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

we swaddled both of our kids until they were five months and then switched to the sleep sack--by that point, they'd routinely started breaking out of the swaddles on their own so they would fall asleep easily without being fully-swaddled.
ReplyDelete