Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

11.18.2010

the diaper FAIL

Ever since Blue's umbilical cord fell off around week two we have been using cloth diapers. Specifically, we have been using a brand called gDiapers. There are so many different cloth diapering options out there - we chose gDiapers because I had heard generally positive reviews and they had some nice features. Like disposable inserts for traveling and covers that could be used multiple times before washing. And they worked pretty well for the first two or three weeks. Granted, the covers got soiled more often than I had expected but we could usually get two uses out of one cover.
















Which meant I only had to wash diapers every other day or so. I don't know what happened this week but at every single diaper change Blue has leaked through his diaper and soaked his clothes. Which meant I had to wash diapers every day in order to have enough and we were going through multiple outfit changes each day as well. So I am looking for new cloth diapers. The ones we have would have been too small within the month anyway so this just speeds up the search. In the meantime I have occasionally been putting him back in the disposable diapers. Last night he slept for six straight hours and I am convinced it was because he felt nice and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment